Applications are now being accepted by the Dairy Calf and Heifer Association for its annual scholarship program. The goal of this long-standing program is to invest in the future of the dairy industry by offering scholastic support to outstanding agriculture-focused students.
“Education is the foundation of a successful industry,” says Lane Sollenberger, DCHA president. “Today’s students are tomorrow’s producers, technicians and veterinarians. We are pleased to offer a $1,000 scholarship opportunity to the DCHA membership. The scholarship will support a student who strives to work in the calf and heifer segment after graduation.”
The annual DCHA scholarship is awarded to a student enrolled in an agriculture-related program at an accredited college or university. Applicants must have completed at least one year of post-high school education. An individual may only receive the scholarship once.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a member of DCHA; or the son, daughter or legal dependent of a DCHA member
- Have completed at least one year of post-high school education
- Be attending an accredited college or university
- Be enrolled in a field of agriculture (e.g. dairy science, animal/veterinary science, agricultural technical course, ag communications, ag business, etc.) or in a course of study with relevance to agriculture
- Download the application: calfandheifer.org/scholarship.
Applications must be received by March 30, 2018. They can be emailed to [email protected].
The 2018 DCHA scholarship recipient will be recognized during the annual meeting on April 11 at the Potawatomi Hotel and Casino in Milwaukee, Wis. The conference, themed “One team. Gold dreams.” will include producer panels, presentations and breakout sessions on hot-button topics, farm tours, networking opportunities and more.
Source: Dairy Calf and Heifer Association